Teddy Mantoro is currently with USBI-Sampoerna University. He hold a PhD, an MSc and a BSc, all in Computer Science. He was awarded a PhD from Department of Computer Science, the Australian National University (ANU), Canberra, the capital city of Australia, and he received a master degree from Department of Computer Science, School of Advanced Technologies, the Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok, the capital city of Thailand.
His research interests focus on Intelligent Environement, pervasive/ubiquitous computing, context aware computing, mobile computing, information security, wireless sensor network, and intelligent environment. He has published more than 130 conference/journal papers (107 papers in Scopus, h-index=8), 4 CS books and more than 20 chapter books which published in USA, Indonesia, Malaysia and Germany. In 2013, he served on committees and review boards for more than 30 International conferences. He is also a Senior Member of IEEE and he was the managing editor for the International Journal of Mobile Computing and Multimedia Communications (IJMCMC) (Feb 2010-Sept 2014), and editor for 3 other journals.
He was interesting in developing the KKNI (Kerangka Kualifikasi Nasional Indonesia/Indonesia Qualification Framework (IQF)) and SKKNI (Standard Kompetensi Kerja National Indonesia/Indonesian Job Competency Standard). He lead the development of SKKNI for Mobile Computing, KKNI Scheme for Mobile Computing, and KKNI Scheme for Information Security for the Ministry of Communication and Informatics (KemKominfo). As for KKNI for Higher Education, he is the coordinator for the development of KKNI for APTIKOM. In 2015, he was lead the development of “Roadmap for Human Resources in ICT for Indonesia 2016-2020” for the Ministry of Communication and Informatics.
He is the founder and was the leader of the Integ Lab (Intelligent Environment Research Group) at KICT, International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Integ Lab has received 43 medals since 2009 from national and international innovation technology competitions. He has 25+ ICT-Innovation Awards (2009-2015) and he has filed 4 (four) Malaysian patents under his name.
He has continuously worked in the IT industry for more than 29 years in various capacities. These include:
- The Chairman of the Senate Sampoerna University, Jakarta, Indonesia from 17 March 2017 to present.
- Acting VRASA (Vice Rector for Academic and Student Affair), Sampoerna University, Jakarta, Indonesia from 12 April 2014 to 1 December 2014,
- Professor and Dean, Faculty Science and Technology, Sampoerna University, Jakarta, Indonesia from 1 May 2013 to 1 June 2015,
- Director, Center for Ubiquitous Technology (UBITEC), Surya University, Tangerang, Indonesia (1 January 2013 – 1 January 2016),
- Adjunct Professor (Professor Tamu), Advanced Informatics School (AIS), Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (4 February 2014-31 August 2016),
- Professor (part-time lecturer), Advanced Informatics School (AIS), Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (1 July 2013 – 31 December 2013),
- Associate Director, Asia Kuala Lumpur Site, ACM-ICPC Asia Regional Contest from 1 Jan 2010 to 1 June 2013,
- Assoc. Prof. at the Advanced Informatics School, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)from 1 May 2012 to 1 June 2013,
- Asst. Prof. at the Dept of Computer Science, KICT, IIUM, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia from 15 Dec 2008 to 30 April 2012,
- Senior Computer System Administrator and Research fellow, College of Engineering and Computer Science, ANU, Canberra, Australia from 2000 to 2009 (9.5 years),
- Head of Department of Computer Science and lecturer at the University of Budi Luhur in Jakarta, Indonesia from 1995 to 1999 (4.5 years),
- Systems Analyst at the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) in Bangkok, Thailand from 1992 to 1995 (3.5 years), and
- EDP (Electronic Data Processing) Manager at Microsoft Indonesia in Jakarta, Indonesia from 1991 to 1992 (2 years).
Research, Journal, Publication